Tenspeed & Brownshoe

Sunday, March 12, 2006

A Day at The Gym
I was at the gym this morning and I found out the hard way what it would be like if Jerry Lewis had never gotten famous. In the middle of my set, this old guy came up to me and startled babbling along about...well, I have no clue. He was one of those guys who laughed when he spoke so it sounded something like this:
"And then (hahahaha---)...she (hooohaaaa)....culo (haaahhaha; uhhhh)"
I don't know what the hell he was talking about but I did catch the word, Culo. Which is spanish for "Ass". I think I smiled a bit and then moved my culo to another machine. As I started a new set, I could see him walking back and forth, waiting for me to finish so he could finish his Spanish Ass story. It was like watching the behind the scenes footage of Jaws 14. I knew that when I finished my set he would walk over and do more of that talky-laughy stuff. Usually I do between 10-15 reps.
This time I did 74 reps.
It worked, sort of. He got tired of waiting for me to finish so he went off to bother someone else. The only problem was that when I was done with my set, my arms were stuck in this perpetual Kung Fu Grip. I didn't have a choice. It was either do the quantative centennial set or duck into the disease infested pool.
And I was not going in there.
The water is a crayola brown-green and it's the closest thing I've ever seen to a full sized petrie dish. Last Sunday, a young girl jumped in, did 2 laps, and came out pregnant with twins.
True story.
--Tenspeed.