Tenspeed & Brownshoe

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Greetings from the SLUSH PILE

... I am pasting below a response from this agent to a query I made .

I love agents, they all sound like they just saved a school bus full of school childern from going over a cliff with ALL THE QUERIES they have to read!!!!

I am SO SICK of hearing how many queries and scripts they see EVERY DAY ... BOO HOO... Like I dont already know I am completely insignificant.
Get over it- it's part of your fucken job.
You read shit.
Crank up the air conditioner, enjoy your decaf skim soy latte and hope to GOD you never have to really work...
(I should mention that I of course immediately sent them a treatment.)

I took out the persons name...

*****I'll be happy to look at a 2-3 page, double-spaced narrative outline in 12 point Geneva or Times New Roman font (with all of the major story beats, leaving nothing for me to guess at) and let you know if I want to read the full script. Please e-mail it to me at this address and if sent as an attachment (I use a Mac and can open Word, Appleworks, Adobe and Final Draft files), be sure to include your name and e-mail address on the attached doc. Many writers fail to follow these simple instructions and their work is lost in the huge volume of emails I receive daily; thus, I will not respond to any queries which do not include the contact info on the outline. Thanks.

No, Thank you!! - Brownshoe...