Tenspeed & Brownshoe

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

All in a days work as we keeps it real out here.

Thank you for the story about the audition. It tickled me so.

While I don't have anything as epic and ridiculous as the "Forty degrees is cold" guy, I do have a good one from the land of ON SET where I find myself so often.

SO, we're shooitng a prison torture scene where one actor is holding another actor's head under the water; and the guy with his head in the bucket is going for the academy award of course...
Oh, wait... I should go back.
The director is this woman who has like, bronchitis (she thought) but it turns out it's really bad asthma. And we are in an abandoned building with no heat or running water, so it's fucken cold. And there's dust and shit; and probably asbestos.
So she's got a coat on, and all that; and a pink winter hat with a pompom- and a face mask breather thing . And horn rimmed glasses.
Okay got it?
Mask, glasses, pink pompom.

So drowning guy and his tormenter are doing a great job on this really long scene where there is no cuts so we have to do it as few times as possible and it's hand held and there are sound people and cable wranglers scurrying around behind the DP and the whole thing...
Well, she like loses it and forgets that these guys can ACT and while the guy is struggling with his head under the water she stands up in the middle of a take and shouts,
"LET HIM UP! LET HIM UP!"
Twice, just like that. And blew the take. So I yell cut, like they hadn't already, and everyone looked at her like, "What the fuck- that was the one!?"
I thought that was awesome.

I have heard that STUDIO 60 was not doing well, I seem incapable of getting home on a Monday night. And no I don't have fucken tivo, because I will never care about TV that much unless I am on it, or wrote it. (Or Kevin and Larry produced it - which means I am on it or wrote it.)

AND HOW ABOUT THAT MARTIN SCORCESE !?!
A GOOD FUCKEN MOVIE !
HOW DID HE SLIP THAT PAST PRODUCERS ??????

it's brownshoe loooking at life from both sides now.